Saturday, April 02, 2011

Images

Vesuvius

God erupted semen at Vesuvius.
The superheated steam
rushed over tangled olive plantations
enriching even the unfeminine earth.

Homer

I imagined Homer as that pretty schoolboy
in the black and white photograph.
His glance into the camera
reveals a sensitivity
but a sexuality of a sexuality
that doesn't recognize itself.

He plays football, that one.
He plays for the school team.
He lives like a normal idiot,
totally unaware.

There is a trash bin,
in the corner of the intersection where he lives.
It reminds him of his closeness to home,
every day as he walks past it.

Mountains

I will thank you gratefully, one day.
I am sorry for the distance.
Like the looming mountains in the distance
I will take a last long look at you
before the lonely highway of my life turns away.

Dog Food

My dog ate the textbook of life,
for it made good dog food.
I am left with human books
But the Bible is inedible.

No comments: