Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dream Notes

So I was in this lecture on psychoanalysis given by Jung and there were 3 Brit Indians sitting on my left. During question time one of them asked if technology in dream content affected the confessionary interpretation. Collins went on with a very long question of his own in his nasal, self-defeating voice which nobody hears or cares to. I was trying to avoid someone; the lecture hall emptied; I remained, thinking, finally some peace to ponder my questions and collect my thoughts.

I was on holiday with my parents in a Malaysian jungle resort. Apparently I must have been out wandering alone on the resort grounds, because when I reached the lobby, I found that I had known all along that I was checking out with my parents, and had my luggage with me. I left something in the room, went to get it, but I had to return to the rooms again after that to take the keys for checkout. Damn. Its a long walk back and forth and I should have done everything in one walk. I was just tired of going back to the chalet, for some reason.

Apparently we were being led in an assembly - or was it the beginning of an exercise? - by a figure in the image of ben tan. During this exercise he made several remarks of which i cannot remember, and asked a question which caused several people to leave. One of them had a distinctive socila awkward guy look: with white headphones cupped over his head and the usual detached absorption, and a white cap that hung with a pointed end over his forehead. He strolled away with the desolate yet seeming confidence of one who no longer cared. Apparently, when a second one left, from the silence of ben tan, we knew that they had been performing mastabatory handjobs on each other, and the remarks and questions were directed as half accusatory, half joking comments on them as an indication that he knew. Apparently I followed them in that weird shift of perspective, and saw one of them disappearing behind the grove around the school gates. I proceeded to the library on the right, full of empty tables and unfinished work, and with disjointed theories.

We were attempting to get something done, like destroying a castle, or saving someone. Apparently I was supposed to go into this room on the right that had a vent on the courtyard corridor to spy on something or to enter into something. It was surprisingly easy, and I just walked in. Then doug came in a super loud way, and I had to remove the bedsheets and quilt covers off the bed I was in to remove any evidence of my being there. Somehow I knew and kept telling myself that they will be here in 5 minutes, they will be here in 5 minutes. Me and doug got that done very quickly, and we were fine.

A vivid dream. In a house with the old family, but apparently we were living by a river with a depth of about 8 metres. Strangely, the house was built such that the ground floor fronted the waters of the river itself in the style of an aquarium - we could see the sealife and the odd fish or two. Well, the dykes upriver opened at a certain fixed time daily. Perhaps that was the reason for a daily rise in the river levels, which we did expect well in advance. Well, I saw an influx of fish at the time, and then a shark swam past the windows. It was in a predatory mood. This was shocking as the river was filled with bathers and rowers, and I thought of the danger that accrued to them by what, by all accounts, must seem like a lemon shark, ie, maneater, in what was largely considered an urban canal. I am now standing at the bridge, watching the bathers and rowers, and half-fearing, half-triumphant at the lurking danger.

No comments: